OFAC CUBA REGULATIONS
12 CATEGORIES OF AUTHORIZED TRAVEL TO CUBA | UPDATED JUNE 05 2019
The 12 categories of travel are those referenced by Congress in TSRA.
Travel to Cuba for tourist activities, which the TSRA statute defines as any activity outside of these 12 categories,
These 12 categories of authorized travel are:
(1) Family visits (see §515.561)
(2) Official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations (see §515.562)
(3) Journalistic activity (see §515.563)
(4) Professional research and professional meetings (see §515.564)
(5) Educational activities (see §515.565)
(6) Religious activities (see §515.566)
(7) Public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions (see §515.567)
(9) Humanitarian projects (see §515.575)
(10) Activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes (see §515.576)
(11) Exportation, importation, or transmission of information or informational materials (see §515.545)
(12) Certain export transactions that may be considered for authorization under existing Department of Commerce regulations and guidelines with respect to Cuba or engaged in by U.S.-owned or -controlled foreign firms (see §§515.533 and 515.559).